PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 17:55
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Lotpax. Being called clever by someone of your standing is very high praise indeed!

Yes, I was flying ChicoG and boy was it a long flight! However, in answer to Betty's question, it was to a very nice place, thanks and I won't mention the fact I'm now sat by the roof top pool..

Anyway, to business. I'll make this my last post on the subject for fear of driving poor old MPN11 to drink! (And the mods for that matter)

Have you actually registered at the PCCC website and investigated what they might offer you, or are you happy just sitting back niggling at them?
It's a fair point as no I haven't registered. Maybe I should before I comment but in my defence, I do know a fair bit of the background of PCCC. Probably more than your average crew member.

Do you have any interest in what possibly be more sensible representation, or do you think the current BASSA leadership are worthy of support?
Yes and no respectively.

All I see is you constantly criticising the PCCC, which puts you in the BASSA or moaners barrel.
What you see is me asking questions of one of the founding members and me voicing my opinion. It is my opinion. I do not expect everyone to agree with it. Maybe you'd prefer another organisation full of blinkered followers? I may not agree with all HiFlyer says but from what I have seen and what I know of HighFlyer, I don't think even he/she would want that. In suggesting that by voicing my opinion, I am in the BASSA barrel, you sound no different to a BASSA supporter in reverse. Isn't that the exact attitude that PCCC are trying to move away from? (I'm not actually sure what a moaners barrel is but I like the sound of it!)

Do you see a need for change, and if so, what are you actually doing about it?
Again, a fair point. Yes, I do see the need for change but at the moment, the combination of stupidly busy rosters and a recent major upheaval in my personal life have prevented me from doing anything apart from making tentative enquiries into the possibility of a LGW council of some sort. From my admittedly limited knowledge, I don't think a LGW union will ever be an option as it would be impossible to get the figures needed for recognition. We just don't have enough crew. Even if we could, I suspect that the higher ups in BA would have kittens at the idea of a 4th union joining the fray!

And on that note, I will promise that I will now shut up about the subject.

It's OK, MPN11. You can come back out now...

Last edited by jetset lady; 9th Sep 2010 at 14:31.