PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 16:55
visibility3miles
See and avoid

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
Tales from a pax:

Years ago, flying World Airways OAK-Newark-Boston, noticed on check-in they'd put a baggage tag for NWK on my checked luggage when I was going to Boston. When I pointed this out, they said sorry, and corrected it.

Then on approach to Newark, the pa said, "Please check your baggage tickets. If it says Newark, and you are going to Boston, please exit the plane, claim your luggage, and re-board."

Frantic inspection by pax, followed by half of them shuffling out the door and returning later.

Amazingly, it only delayed us by 45 minutes.

Another World Airways story:

Flew the same route one time on Christmas Day, so the plane was nearly empty. Somehow, their computer assigned four pax the same seat, so they felt the need to argue about whose it was. The cc politely informed that they could sit anywhere they pleased, but if they kept arguing, we couldn't take off.

Different airline, but flying to Milwaukee, stopped enroute at another Wisconsin airport in the winter. It was snowing heavily, with a hellish crosswind which was getting worse, when two new passengers ticketed for the same seat stood there arguing.

The cc, in a rather adamant voice, said that "If you don't sit down some where and buckle up, we won't be able to take off and we'll be stuck here."

End of argument. They both sat down promptly and away we went.