PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC145
Thread: EC145
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 15:52
otter712

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, it was late last night and I missed a couple of questions. Some of them have been answered but this is just my opinion in addition to..

If I am flying it, then land and want to stop the rotor with retained hydraulic capability, this would be doable, right?
--> I use rotor break but keep the engines on "ground idle" or something like that, right?
Hydraulic rotor brake, one pull if you time it right to full blade stop after engines are off and NR below 50 %. Unfortunately you cant leave the brake on to prevent turning of the blades by wind unlike with the EC135

Cyclic movement EC145, full deflection possible and part of pre start checklist with engines off and rotor not turning ( see the mast moment issue written before if you do this with engines running and rotors turning). Unlike the EC135 you can and should. EC135, please dont even try. It wont and if it does move you might just have bend the very thin walled push pull tubes..

Even though I never tried , and never hope to try, apparently the 145 can be flow without hydraulics in the event of a dual failure, the 135 however is a no go.

Take care