PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale
Thread: easyJet Morale
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 09:57
corsaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger - BA were determined to close BFS, regardless of easyJet and the 9/11 attacks - our Manchester was affected by their LPL, but the LHR stayed fairly busy because the vast majority of our passengers were connecting ex LHR and LTN didn't work for them; naturally, as they were mainly connecting segments, the yield was low, hence the poor performance, according to BA. Incidentally, 4 of us ex BA @ BFS bods now fly for EZY and 1. earn more money 2. rather enjoy it. A great deal more ex-BA engineers are now at FLS and pleased to be employed in their chosen field, at their local base, because of the EZY contract. Nothing ever stays the same, but we have jobs.

Yankee Charlie - contrary to your opinion, I fly full time, and at our base have not seen a mass exodus - one guy has gone to pursue his long-haul dream at VS, and that's it. Yes, I've been late home quite a few times lately, but I have not seen disciplinaries as you describe, nor have my rosters been changed - at all. I have not enjoyed the regular crew changes and delays, but the former are soon stopping and the latter I hope will disappear when the work @ LTN is finished.