PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 15:44
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add to this the aforementioned bickering and pontificating and I for one will soon be drifting away.........
Indeed. This is the reason why I myself no longer post topics and very rarely comment on a discussion on PPRuNe. There is a wealth of information contained on these fourms and I often go back and read topics from years ago - a virtual library straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Pilots with hundreds if not thousands of hours experience is a wealth of information to new-comers to the industry such as myself. However I have found that I invariably end up in a pissing match with same pilots because I may offer a different view, or because my question is stupid and I shouldn't be flying at all!! Therefore I conclude it is not worth the hassle to even bother posting the majority of my queries - if I cannot find an answer here on via google I will ask at my local club. Granted, the responses will be from a less broader ranger of pilot's many of whom share the same views as they have a similar background but this is my loss and I am prepared to go without.
The best one for me was when I was told via PM by a guru on here with thousands of hours flying seemingly every category of aircraft (and equally as many PPRuNe posts ) that I should end each of my posts with a disclaimer to read "Newly qualified PPL with little experience". Very true - but how will that experience be measured in 10 years time when, inevitability, the next generation of pilots take over?

Will I, and it seems others, be around to pass on my experience? Not virtually anyway!

Regards
Ryan
A newly qualified PPL with little experience