PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 14:20
vee-tail-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmnn This is very topical for me. Having enjoyed owning a Robin ATL for 10 years, and flown it to France a couple of times, plus many local bimbles, airshows etc.

The coming of EASA effectively grounded the aircraft, and resulted in 14 months of monumental struggles with paperwork, CAMOs, and burocrats.
Now the ATL has a non-expiring EASA C of A and a new ARC, and is ready to fly again. Plus I have found a loophole that allows me to continue maintaining the aeroplane myself regardless of the EASA part M nightmare.

But the insurance needs to be renewed, my aircrew medical needs to be done, my rusty flying requires some time with an instructor, and the aeroplane having spent all that time sitting in a hangar gathering dust and rust is now an unknown as regards safety.

My enthusiasm is low, there is a 'so what' feeling following on from the pleasure of 'beating the system' and winning the battle with authority.

I am close to giving up flying, which seems incredible given a lifetime of doing so, and remembering all the adventures and experiences that flying has provided me.

Ah well perhaps the joy and enthusiasm for flying will come back, but the bills and fees and shelling out of more and more money sure don't help.