PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 12:10
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If DH takes any action that affects BA's business, is that unofficial industrial action
Possibly, Unite certainly think it could be based on their swift retraction of the window blinds issue following a written warning from BA stating that’s exactly how they were interpreting it.

DH, and all BASSA CC, should remember that the BASSA forum is an official conduit for that union branch and comments made in there by anyone that are then subsequently allowed to remain could be open to legal issues as a result. The current example of inciting people to not book flights with BA being the issue I’m thinking of here. I don’t have access to the BASSA forum (thankfully) but if as has been suggested attacking forward bookings by social means (for want of a better phrase) is occurring, being overtly discussed and can be linked to DH’s well reported statement regarding assaulting bookings then yes, legally I can see grounds for BA to at least have a pop.

Ms L Malone knows only too well the result of loose lips in that forum.

All this new media, forums, Face.book, etc is a steep learning curve for a lot of people, you are accountable for what you write and you are accountable for what you allow to be published on a forum you control. There was a time in most businesses, or Unions, when all communications, letters we used to call them, would have come from a tiny handful of people at the top. Now any ol’ bugger with an internet connection is making statements “for and on behalf of” their employer or group with little or no reference to the people above them. It’s far from ideal and can cause problems for you down the line if you don’t control the information flow correctly.