PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ops Funnies
Thread: Ops Funnies
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 07:41
FOMere2eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ops Funnies

Thought this forum was a bit dry, so how about a few Ops funny stories ? This one isn't the funniest story in the world but it might start the ball rolling and get some more...

Whilst stationed at a remote base in Canada:

As well as Air Ops the desk was manned 24hrs by a duty guy which led to a lot of the wives seeing the place as a "help desk" for anything whatsoever that went wrong domestically. The most unusual being a wife telling me the exercise bike in the gym had broken - everyday Ops kind of stuff...

Anyway, one day it snowed lots and, if someone's husband was away, the company had a duty team who would go and plough people's driveways - bookable through the admin people upstairs. It seemed Mrs X couldn't get through to them, so, of course Air Ops were the obvious people to call next.

After her calling about every 30mins, because she had to get out to do some 'urgent' shopping, I started to get a bit miffed, having repeatedly told her the boys would get round to her as soon as they could. When I was interupted briefing a crew by same said woman, I thought I'd put a stop to this.

"Mrs X - I'm sorry the snow plough people haven't been round yet - I'm the only person in the building. The CO downwards are all on the runway with shovels trying to clear the surface for a 747 with 400 passengers onboard that's got 3 engines on fire and is running out of fuel rapidly"

Mrs X's problems suddenly appeared to dissipate and I never heard from her for the rest of my time there