PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 04:09
bearfoil

slats11

Your conclusions relative to seated/belted, and lack of jackets are well founded. The upset, by this logic, was sudden and led to a chaotic "g" environment from the outset. I too believe the "seated passengers" stretches credulity, it is too "pat". Any pax belted in at the onset of upset would have remained so, unable to release their lapbelt, even if they were alive to do so. I believe no belted pax were recovered here. The pelvic saddle is subject to disarticulation as any joint system is, but the Sacrum, Femur processes, and Ilia are the strongest part of the skeletal structure. I venture to say that any human frame left to bounce about the fuselage would have injuries consistent with flail, impact, and soft tissue ablation in the extreme. BEA have isolated these "Pelvic" trauma as though the victims recovered suffered only this, no other. A crepitous spinal column is virtually impossible without accompanying severe trauma, here, left w/o description. Of those recovered, "42" had remarkable "trauma while seated". The others were not described, their injuries were not as extensive? Unbelted pax were recovered, yet 42 of the 53 were "seated". No, I think. No one regained his/her seat after upset, let alone rode this a/c down unbelted and in their chairs, to suffer "vertical impact". This wants more explanation, with the evidence assembled, I should think.

bear