PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 7th Sep 2010, 23:12
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Max, I still disagree. Robert will have had an opportunity to review the parts of the report to which he contributed. As explained by the TSB, the purpose of the external review is to allow those 2 catogories mentioned to review: experts to check for technical error, and those who might come out of the report badly to have the opportunity to defend themselves.

Accident investigation and reporting is done in accordance with ICAO standards (annex 13 I seem to recall), I am sure this private review process is part of that standard. You cannot deviate from the standard on a report-by-report basis just because it hits the newspapers or just because there was only one survivor. If you allowed all passengers to have a review, how would that work out if an A380 crunched in a bit hard - all the pax would want to have their say, it would mostly be about the food and cabin service!

Not surprisingly, this matter is very close to your heart, but sorry the cold reality is that its just another report to the TSB and it must and will be done in the standard way, whether you like it or not.

HC