PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 7th Sep 2010, 22:41
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
You are both assuming that Mr Decker's account will not be covered in the report, including any feedback from him on theories that might have arisen during the investigation. I am totally confident that you will be proven entirely wrong! Having been involved in such investigations myself (fortunately non-fatal) I can tell you that the state investigators are only too keen to get as much information and feedback from as many sources as possible, including survivors. So in effect, Mr Decker will already have had the opportunity to indicate his agreement or otherwise with the report. But ultimately it must be up to the reporters to form their final opinion on what goes into the report.

So if you think he should be able to edit the report as he sees fit, with his very limited knowledge of aviation, you are mistaken.

Many of our passengers think that if the engines stop, the rotors start going round the other way. That is the sort of level of passenger knowledge the TSB might be up against.

As for the relatives, what could they possibly bring to the report except hearsay

HC