PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do Trainers have more accidents?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 22:24
hammerhead1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always know a good operator the minute he has the balls to point out that he is a TRI, or management pilot and that he is a human being and is not infallible. I know then instantly that these guys don’t have feelings when it comes to pointing out something they have missed or something in error.

I remember when I was low time 500- 600 hrs on the 73 there would be a time where courage to speak up would be hard to come by unless of course there was a mountain right in front of us but now with allot more time I find if something needs to be pointed out im not afraid to do it. It also makes you a stronger person and of course when you transition to the left seat it’s also of benefit. It’s those skills you gain with experience.

Lastly, I recently flew with an arrogant pilot who spent 25 years with an airline and was made redundant. He had a chip on his shoulder and it was not a pretty day out with this guy. On short final to land us were getting close to our stabilisation criteria when I prompted landed flap and I got a look I wouldn’t get from my worst enemy. Later on the bus to the hotel he said " I was about to call for the flap " after that comment from him I just decided to look out the window from there on! I must have hurt his feelings?