PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pax tried to halt 777 take-off after taxiing error
Old 7th Sep 2010, 15:39
WhatsaLizad?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Wrong.
It was a low level engine failure in a Piper Navajo.
I speculated that it was pilot error, IE, fuel exhaustion...and this is precisely what it was...
The inability of the pilot in command to adhere to the operating parameters specified for takeoff, IE: fuel selectors selected to main tanks only.
Even the 'well respected' concerned airline pilots couldn't get it right...all they had to do was actually read the checklist and complete the task."
You didn't "speculate", you gleefully danced and pointed your finger before the bodies were cold.

The investigation did prove they killed themselves and didn't fly the aircraft according to procedure. The fact remained that immediately after the crash you picked out your favorite cause (agreeably a high percentage one) and jumped on it. Wow, a light twin crashes on T.O., what are the odds it was an engine failure handled wrong?

At that time it could have been many other possible factors, bad fuel, flight control failure, birdstrike ect. Jumping up and down and assigning blame without the facts was scummy, vindictive, immature, not respectful of the dead and their families who may have read your post seeking answers. It was also not very smart considering the other possible factors.They were AA and you were going to make them and every AA pilot pay no matter what. In the end, yes you were right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Thanks for proving my point. I was too lazy to dig up the archives and open up another of your foul smelling posts of despicable thought.

I wondered if you were that lacking in judgement and brains to basically indict yourself, but you did a wonderful job.

My apoligies to the board for dredging this up from the archives.

Mods, please keep these posts, they are relevant to 411A's contribution to this board. I will not further comment on him on this thread. Thank you.

Now back to SKB.

Last edited by WhatsaLizad?; 7th Sep 2010 at 19:28.