PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 14:09
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PCCC have maintained that we will not give out our numbers, for obvious "business" reasons, to anyone. (I am sure our learned readers on this thread, can understand that!)
HiFlyer,

Sadly, it seems I am not one of the learned readers so maybe you can help me out on the obvious "business" reasons. Or maybe one of the learned readers could enlighten me. As far as I'm aware, PCCC is not a "business" or anywhere near being a "business". If it is, it certainly shouldn't be advertising on PPrune! Anyway, that's all beside the point. I will reiterate. I did not want member names, numbers or anything approaching that. I merely asked how many LGW were involved at the top table. As someone who has spent years having my future decided by LHR crew, surely that is a reasonable question?

We are not afraid of BASSA; you are incorrect to state that we are. BASSA are afraid of us. They have spoofed our website, spoofed our email address, and now they have blatantly copied our logo in their latest "suspendee" brochure. Someone is running scared, but it sure ain't us!
I'm really sorry but I think you are kidding yourselves somewhat. I think they probably were watching you closely to start with but I don't think they see you as a threat any longer. The time to stand up seems to have come and gone, I'm afraid. I'll be extremely pleased if I'm proved wrong, however. No doubt time will tell.

We are reserving our forces, and our strength, for when it will be most effective. We are also preserving the status quo on board our aircraft, by remaining professional. You don't fly with strikers at LGW. We do.
There you go again, proving my point that we need actual LGW representation. How dare you assume that you know what it's like to work at LGW! Yes, I have flown with strikers. No, it's not generally as militant as LHR but believe me, it's not all the hearts and flowers that some like to portray.

Can you imagine one PCCC "rep" on board a plane full of strikers? If you think this is just about being "left out downroute", you severely underestimate them
So which is it? One minute, you aren't scared of BASSA and all the secrecy is for "business" reasons, then the next you're worrying about being the only PCCC rep on board an aircraft full of strikers. You can't stay hidden forever and eventually that could well happen. What then? Surely, part of being a good rep will be knowing how to deal with it.

Anyway, work beckons so I'm off to attempt to make myself look glam. Well, as glam as it's possible to be at my age when surrounded by 20 yr olds!
I sense we will never agree on this point HiFlyer, so I wish you the best of luck and hope you will agree to disagree.