PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 13:58
Amelia Earhart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cuthere, when you gave July's figures I did wonder whether you had accounted for 3 flights per week to Faro, but you had. For completeness here are the figures again with the corresponding passenger numbers which you had ommited (but had included in June's figures):

Destination: pax/load/load %

Faro: 4285/178.5/94.4%

Alicante: 2870/159.4/84.3%

Palma: 1427/178.4/94.4%

Reus: 1399/174.8/92.5%

Alicante seeming to lag behind the others a bit particularly when considered against Faro which is three flights per week as opposed to Alicante's two, the other two destinations being weekly charters.

Ryanair's average loading over the year is 82% but was 89% for July. I wonder what if anything this will mean for LDY-ALC.

As previously stated, Malaga would be a no brainer for next year given that twice as many people travel to there from Northern Ireland than to either Faro or Alicante. But given that Reus and Palma each attracted 1400 pax in July on a weekly charter flight (albeit over a shorter charter season) could LDY support a longer season of twice weekly Ryanair flights to those destinations? I think so. But would that necessarily mean the end of the charter services, an all in holiday package being quite a different animal to Ryanair's offerings?