PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 7th Sep 2010, 13:17
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's all you've got? "shame on you all"?

No logic, no rebuttal, no debate. Why is it that nigh-on nobody can come on here with a cogent argument for the pro-BASSA side of the dispute? Or is the answer to that question contained within itself?

Believe it or not dave, I'm not on here waiting to attempt to belittle and shoot down the opposing point of view. Indeed, I'm prepared to have my opinion changed if the evidence merits it. It seems to me however that therein lies the problem. You and your ilk never bring evidence, merely rhetoric. You elect to avoid the difficult questions and merely bang the same rhetorical drum time and time again.

For the sake of fun, I'll ask you again. If it was merely an act of remembrance (regardless of how you paid your respects, at the memorial or otherwise - for which, I respect you, incidentally) why did Unite think handing out yellow pens would add to the solemnity of that act? Or was it, as most suspect, merely hijacking a very sad event and using it for political ends? Genuinely, I would like to know how those two issues are merely remembrance rather than union politicking on the back of remembrance. Shall we see how people refer to them in the briefing rooms?

For what it's worth, I don't doubt your sincerity but to claim the same for others on your side is dubious at best.

MrB