PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 13:14
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetsetLady,

You have previously stated that you have wrongly been accused, by BASSA militants, of being involved in the Professional Cabin Crew Council. I have already, and will do so again, apologised that this happened to you. I would not wish the BASSA mentality on anybody.

However, it is untrue to say that I "rolled out the old safety of the organisers excuse". The PCCC have maintained that we will not give out our numbers, for obvious "business" reasons, to anyone. (I am sure our learned readers on this thread, can understand that!) We have not given them to BA. Nor to BASSA. Nor, as yet, to the Certification Office who register Trade Unions despite them being very interested in us.

If you want the information, you could help yourself (and others) by supporting and joining the PCCC. You choose not to. Fair enough. Hence, we choose not to give you the information. Why should we?

We are not afraid of BASSA; you are incorrect to state that we are. BASSA are afraid of us. They have spoofed our website, spoofed our email address, and now they have blatantly copied our logo in their latest "suspendee" brochure. Someone is running scared, but it sure ain't us!

We are reserving our forces, and our strength, for when it will be most effective. We are also preserving the status quo on board our aircraft, by remaining professional. You don't fly with strikers at LGW. We do. Can you imagine one PCCC "rep" on board a plane full of strikers? If you think this is just about being "left out downroute", you severely underestimate them.

It has been said so many times that this is an organisation - it is about the idea of doing things differently and doing things better for our community. It is not about the people who run it. If LGW wants to have their own union, that would be something for you all to decide. We have nothing but respect and admiration for our colleagues at Gatwick.

Jetsetlady, you seem like a level-headed person with the same views as us. We're not the enemy. Shouldn't we all focus on the one huge cancer in the side of this company that, if we do nothing, could cause us all to be without jobs?