PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 7th Sep 2010, 13:06
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dave,

Give it a rest. The typical BASSA, "shame on you" mentality (is that really the last line of argumentative defence?). Slight sidetrack but here's a newsflash for you - when pro-BASSA posters say "shame on you" it shows a lack of willingness or, dare I suggest, ability to engage the argument head on with logic. It's the same tantrum ridden debating style that plagues the "closed" forums elsewhere. Furthermore, you'll be surprised to learn that your opprobrium carries little clout with those outside the back-slapping cabal so many of you seem to inhabit. You could argue the same in reverse I'm sure, the difference being that those in the opposing camp are measurably more numerous than you and seem to reflect the wider public opinion also. Is it that BASSA are the only sane voice in the world and the rest of us are mad, or perhaps, on the weight of logic alone, that it is they that suffer under the delusion that only they possess the truth. A tad messianic perhaps?

So, anyway, once again please explain the yellow pens and all the posts on crewforum and the BASSA forum talking about how this is in remembrance of the sacked and suspended if you would. Thus far all you've done is accuse us on here of twisting your intentions. Now that may be true of you and some you know individually but it's plainly clear that BASSA's intentions were utterly different. Yellow pens, I mean come on, really? That's a fitting memorial for the dead of the airtours disaster isn't it? Please.

Furthermore, who's to say we, collectively or individually will not remember those lost in the disaster. Everyone elects to remember in their own way - not everyone, for example gathers at a cenotaph or war memorial each year. Also, if you want to try and assert that you hold the moral high ground in relation to others, perhaps you might have chosen to remember the disaster on the day of it occuring not when it happened to coincide with a loud, robust union meeting some 15 days after the anniversary.

You simply can't argue that the two aren't connected when all good evidence points to the contrary.

MrB