PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 7th Sep 2010, 11:33
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dave3
I have not openly fibbed the colour yellow for the flowers was chosen as a peacflul gesture lost on this forum
You are correct in stating the colour yellow sorn by crew was shosen as a solidarily gesture for sacked and suspended crew.....
I did see a crew member who had NOT lost staff travel and openly dispeses bassa in T5 both the crew member and the partner were wearing Yellow.. going on staff travell what a conicidence.. you see we can all read into something if we wish.
Yellow flowers Yesterday sign of peace
Yellow clothers sign of solidarity...
dave3,

I'm not reading anything into anything. I'm repeating on here what has been said elsewhere by striking crewmembers. The yellow thing was not ever solely about respecting the dead. It has been hijacked, openly and by their own admission, in order to make a political point about an aspect of this dispute. Unite were handing out yellow pens. No-one has yet claimed they are now carrying around a yellow pen in memoriam of the fallen of the manchester disaster. However a good many have, on forums which I'm sure you've got access to, claimed to be carrying it in order to identify one another as strikers so any claim that this was nothing more than a peaceful act of remembrance are long since discredited - by the mouths of the striking crew doing the discrediting - not by my interpretation.

Again I say, it sullies what might otherwise have been a fair and fitting memorial.

MrB