PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hilarious controller on London 133.6 tonight
Old 7th Sep 2010, 11:26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#Hogg: your passage coincided with my toilet break!
#No Speed: they've obviously heard you---but I wasn't laughing at 0030 this morning. MD 80 out of Venice had to route via Germany, Belgium, Southampton, Lands End and the "Tango" to Madrid......very sad...French strike...same tonight...it will be hell....I'm on again!
#Zooker: Liverpool/Benbecula/Manchester/West Drayton/Swanwick.
#Goldfrog: don't retire...check out "Western Radar"---I'm trying to get there myself but they won't let me go. The Aviation world celebrated my first day on the job at Heathrow by arranging for the first ever B747 to land on 10R.
#On the Beach: I was at RRE Pershore for a while...we used to hold over Droitwich mast [BBC Light ]....there used to be an Advisory Route Brecon-Droitwich but it was disestablished once traffic started to use it [ NATS service reversal policy]
#cieloitaliano:sector joining [bandboxing] combines two or more sectors. 133.6 Brecon sector 5 and 134.750 Bristol sector 23 are quite often combined although frequency combination is not obvious to the pilot. The WEST END, as we call it here, can consist of up to 7 sectors....and all their 7 individual frequencies will be banboxed so that everybody hears everything. Birmingham inbounds from the South West Approaches sometimes lose R/T after Brecon unless we change the freq.