PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Policy and Administration in Australia - Some interesting facts
Old 7th Sep 2010, 11:11
grip-pipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank, if I recall Albanese was proposing yet another study into a study into the study into the study into the feasibility and need for another airport in Sydney. In the interim, there is another train load of cash for airport security, and enough to resurface one regional airport and that was about it. They have a white paper which was distributed to use in case you ran out of soft white paper. Other than that steady as she goes.

Meanwhile if in doubt they will drag out the 12 x 6 glossy phots and graphs to show how it is all blue sky and growth and in 12 months time ramp up the exicse to pay for some more regulators, after all we desperately need stronger regulation, shovel out about half a mil to the DAS of CASA and about the same for the board and they can all sit around and say 'what a good boy am I'.

Not to mention the ten second grabs for the nightly news of posed consternation and promises to keep the travelling public safe because a turbine attached to some one's aeroplane shats itself or a wheel bursts, some other poor bugger has bought in PNG and grave tit tutting about foreign carriers now and then. As I said steady as she goes.