PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 03:07
bjork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patience Ladysensai

Just wondering if someone could put some light on a question that I have.

I had my ADL base recruitment day over two weeks ago. On the day we were informed that we would be notified within two weeks. However, I'm still waiting. I know that at the moment they're very busy and am willing to wait. However two of my referees we called last Tuesday, and this morning I received an email saying that my application was still in the process and that my referees would be called shortly.

I'm slightly confused?! Well a little more than slightly....as they were already called! Hmm

I know its a generic email, but still....

Can anyone give me ideas on whats going on? It would be greatly appreciated!

I went to the recruitment day last Tuesday 31st August, got a text later in the day saying that my application has progressed. Got reference checked yesterday, so am still waiting. Hey just wondering if you went to the Candidate event session a few days after and if so what did it entail? I wasnt able to make my candidate event session but i have still progressed. They are obviously very busy so my advice is just to be patient. As you can imagine they have so many applicants to get through and not just for the Adeliade base as they are also recruiting for Perth as well. Anyway fingers crossed for all, and to those who didnt get through my advice is to persist persist, i went for a job with all the airlines and got knocked back, didnt get job with Tiger until the second time around & i didnt get through to my current airline job until the second time around either as well. In the group session they are looking to see that you have a valid point to make & also that you recognize others point of view. In the one on one interview you need to be very specific in the answers you give and back it up with specific examples that are related to customer service situations.. Hope this helps & good luck to all