PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christchurch earthquake - ATC exposure..
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2010, 23:35
conflict alert

Slackie wrote

.pretty much agree with the rest.
Why don't you bring your wealth of experience down here and improve the aforementioned service!

Person mentioned above - still works for Airways as a SIM pilot.

I may have read your post in the the wrong context but
Poor ol' duty ATCO in CH Twr sh!t himself when the earthquake hit
comes across as making a bit of a joke about it. The correct description I would have used is 'traumatised' as are a number of people down here.

we were extremely lucky
what's this we crap, you are far removed from what has and is happening down here living in Hamilton and the only thing that possibly is disturbing your sleep is the sound of your snoring, a luxury that we down here have not had for days. As someone who started work a couple of hours after the initial earthquake, I was greeted with a building in total dissaray. I worked most of both days and like all the others that were there, endured and continue to endure working with constant aftershocks. All staff are sleep deprived, stressed, nervous, anxious - whatever you like to call it. Some have families that are scared witless at the moment, homes damaged etc and are still brave enough to front up to work at the moment. I wouldn't make light of the situation.

If I have interpreted your post in the wrong way then I apologise, but I, like everyone else down here, have not slept well for 3 nights because of the constant aftershocks.