PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Sep 2010, 11:08
AtlasDrawer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chigley:
Would MissM, asperge, Dave3 et al like to tell us what the point of further IA would be? I fail to see what benefit it would bring, we now have a much larger VCC workforce than in previous strike periods combined with an apathetic community of strikers which is proven by recent ballots and the turn out today at Kempton.

I recently did a trip with a purser on EF, who told me that a BASSA rep on EF had told her that a Christmas strike was being planned and 'We know we have lost, this strike is just to f@@k the company up' - Their exact words. I think this purser did not realise at that point of the trip that I had not gone on strike. I think the thinking is 'That if we threaten a strike it will hit bookings so badly, BA will HAVE to talk to us'. It is patently obvious now to anyone outside this dispute that the strike will not have much effect at all. Also, I happen to think that disrupting people's christmas arrangements just because you can is just not on.