PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford BoB Air Show traffic today
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2010, 08:13
JEM60

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
ZULU ALPHA.
I take your point, and as I stated, the problem was coming from the east A.505. for the reasons given earlier. I am surprised that the bus driver didn't use a map and divert. I met several people who, on encountering the queue, turned round, used smaller roads, came down through Thriplow, and ended up on the A.505 from the Baldock direction, merely half a mile from the car park, but then, that's local knowledge, but maps can work.
Did anybody coming from the west on the 505 have a problem?? Problem mainly is that ALL traffic from London is probably going to use the M11, which is why it stacks up.

NUTLOOSE. This does actually happen. A great many cars on the airfield are staff, volunteers, trade etc. All traffic between the hangars are staff etc., Motorway end is disabled and G.6 pass holders like my wife.[Friends of Duxford tent.]. Public parking is behind AA museum, and Land Warfare Museum. There is not that much on airfield room, and once that is full, people then park across the road, in the overflows, which, I think, hold possibly more cars than on airfield. They park, then walk to the booths.
As I have said, this is 14 years since a crowd like that has arrived, so, whilst being unfortunate, it is most definately not the norm for Duxford shows. Don't be put off by it, it is unlikely to ever happen again, I suspect.