PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2010, 07:46
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No that didn't answer my point at all. You are not talking about the same type of flying. What people want to know is how to get more flights like the baby MUC and the Fly Be CDG. What Mathers is talking about is sunshine flying be that charter or low cost. CWL has always been and will remain a good place to operate med flights from. Oh and I also believe if someone did SFB they'd do ok as well. The airlines know that. That is why CWL still has a TOM and TCX presence.

The consolidation in the charter market, 4 big players to 2, has also not helped airports like CWL where charter is the life blood but has helped the companies charge those higher prices for the IT seats. I remember a time CWL had Airtours, First Choice Airways, JMC and Britannia ! I could always get a last minute week somewhere for £99 ! Doubt that made them any money though. Of course if you think about it it still has all those players but those 6 aircraft have become 2 ! Charter has been hit hard by LC and is only just stabilising. Baby fill the gap (or took the business if you think that way) by offering those flights as flight only cheaper - but not CHEAP ! and they aren't in a position to expand at present as they are not masters of their own destiny.

So original point if you want more MUC, CDG, BFS, EDI, GLA, AMS, DUB type flying. NOT more AGP, ALC, MJV, FAO, PMI, etc.. If you want DUS, FRA, MAD, LIS, etc... refer to my earlier post and prove to Fly Be CWL is a good home for some of their 175 order ! That can be done by the airport and those other interested parties.