PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are we above the glide again!
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2002, 19:19
tired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warped factor, thanks for that, I had no idea that the phraseology already exists in the UK. IMHO that is exactly how things should be done and it would solve a lot of problems with less-than-satisfactory approaches at LHR. I understand the problems caused by aircraft descending below the glide, but the phraseology you quote is very difficult to misunderstand.

Bright-ling - I don't think I've ever heard it used at LHR, though to be fair I'm long haul so only operate 4 -5 times/month. As mentioned above, I had no idea that you are able to issue that clearance in the UK, all the posts I've ever seen on Prune have suggested that you can't, or at least that's how I've interpreted them. IMHO it solves one of the biggest bugbears at LHR.

If it is indeed a relatively new thing in your MATS, then I've no doubt it will take a long time to become standard practice, but it's extremely encouraging to know that that phraseology is now acceptable - eventually it will become more commonplace and make life easier for all. Thanks for the gen.

Oh, and my apologies to your mandarins for assuming that they're an out-of-touch bunch of reactionaries!