PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2010, 21:16
Capt. Black Eagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better conditions finally.

CyclicOyibo,
Your point about market forces setting salaries is a good one and can only work for the common good.
I'm glad we agree that having multiple players in the market is good for all.

...equal pay for equal work. Sadly this has not always been the case in Bristow
Has Bristow responded to the market change ALREADY!? (I'm yet to hear that from anyone.)
Caverton is not quite the new kid on the block that you seem to think it is. They have in fact been around for some eight years now.
Word has it that, Caverton has not broken even yet. And, proceeds from other caverton ventures have been funding the helicopter operation. (Rumours!!) Compared to other players in the industry, Caverton is relatively "new". However, for the company to remain in business, it needs to train/groom its own pilots; loyal to its objectives on the long run. Most of the ex-bristows, ex-aeros, and Ex-xyz's will disappear at the next better offer elsewhere. (I only hope they realise this!)

...you will find that there have never been any problems between any of the companies here at the operational level and that all work together in the interest of safety in particular.
I want to believe that you see the underlined as work in progress that needs more input from all parties involved.

Capt. Black Eagle