PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC Reports demanded?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2010, 16:32
Algol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Algol. I'm unclear about your situation. Obviously you are looking for a new job, but are you being offered a job in a country with a different aviation authority to the one you have been working in up to this point in your career? Is that why your prof check reports are being requested?
Yes, thats correct.

I haven't heard of that being done before either to qualify for a new foreign licence or for a job in the same country where you have been working for several years.
Indeed. Me either. But I've obviously led a sheleterd life!

It is odd, but when you go up against an NAA (National Aviation Authority) you might be the rock, but they are the immovable object, and if you don't want to comply with their requests and rules I am quite sure they don't care if you walk away or if you do what they ask.
A few of the posters seem not to have grasped a central point here - it's not ME who is refusing the paper, it's my company, and they own it.

The fact that I agree with their policy is neither here nor there - I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place anyhow!

Apologies for the intrusion but there is a way around the DPA in the UK and the railway industry uses it. If a driver is leaving one company for another he is sent an ATOC B1 form by the prospective employer. This contains a series of questions about qualifications, last assessments, present certification and details of any safety critical incidents amongst other questions. This form is filled in by you, signed and sent back. The new employer then sends it to your current employer and they merely confirm or state they are unable to confirm your answers. The form then becomes part of your new companies file on you, there is also a legal requirement for your current employer to answer only with reference to their file on you. Seems to work very well and has no mention of sickness, punctuality or any HR matters only professional qualifications and safety critical information.
You're most welcome Rhayader - and my ex employer has offerred a letter stating - Currency on Type, No Accidents on record, and References as required. My own CAA provides Licence Verification, Currency, PC/IR dates, and Medical Certs.
The ONLY thing these guys aren't getting is the written comments of the checker on the PC form (i.e. comments like -" Good CRM, Well handled EFATO, blah blah blah..."). It's bull****. And none of their business.

The CAA of a sovereign country is surely entitled to ask for whatever documents they see fit to allow foreign license holders to fly under their rules. No amount of indignation is going to change the fact that "abroad" they are in their own country and hence they make their own rules.
If they are ICAO member states are they not obliged to follow some international rules? Recognition of foreign licences? Is there not some regulation to that effect? If they don't accept foreign licences at face value (with verification, ok) - why advertise internationally for pilots? Why not stick to locals? Alternatively why not just force all applicants to do their local ATPL exams?
It's arbitrary nonsense, and a recent innovation as far as I can tell.
Sure, they can probably do what they like, but if all ICAO member states adopt arbitrary local policies on licencing (and the rest) it makes a mockery of their membership.