PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2010, 11:12
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
telster
How much cooperation was there between the two airlines in terms of training etc? Did any BA crews fly Air France aircraft for any reason for example? Were cockpit proceedures pretty standardised across the two airlines?
One for the pilots really, but there was generally far less co-operation than you'd have thought. I never saw any cases of a BA pilot flying Air France or visa-versa. I know a couple of our guys had ridden jump seat on an AF aircraft, but that's all that I pesonally recall.
On the technical side of things there were meetings between the two airlines, both together and jointly with the airframe and engine manufacturers, but on a day to day basis there was precious little exchange of information, and you'd have thought that we (BA) were the only operator of Concorde, as I'm sure the AF guys felt the same also. In all of my 30+ years on Concorde, I personally went to CDG only once for an exchange of technical views and to help them out with an air intake defect.
I'm so glad that you are enjoying this post, it's great to have you here telster. (It's certainly forcing me to look deep into the dark corners my poor old grey matter).

Dude