PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2010, 09:53
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If quality costs a little extra then the example of my new iMac 27" certainly made me enjoy every moment of unpacking and setting up.
Just peeling the clear protective sheets off even the Magic Trackpad was very satisfying!

Having opted for the i7 Core 2.93 GHz quad chip and the ATI 5750 graphics and added 8GB of RAM [12GB total] I can honestly say that the iMac is a joy to use and having had Macs since 1984 this one is not without its missing items [blu ray for one] and I should have gone for the 256 SSD plus 1TB HD instead I chose the 2TB HD option. Cheaper but having tried a pals SSD HD iMac I realise how slow mine is by comparison in startup and accessing big apps.

In all the time I have had Macs I have only ever had a problem with the 22" Cinema Display and that was replaced foc. Now it is my second screen and having two screens is very handy.

Although Apple are a little overbearing on some issues I am one satisfied customer. I guess its horses for courses but I do see my associates having problems with their PCs that I have never encountered with my Macs. Retrofitting SSD HDs is not easy but I will inevitably do it when the prices drop on top quality SSD drives. Till then..........