PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - National IQ test
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2002, 14:42
GoGirl

PPRuNette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We didn't watch the TV show.

Interestingly enough, a few of you have raised the question of the accuracy of such an IQ test as was performed last Tuesday.
I believe I can shed some light on that matter.
I was listening to the matter being discussed on a good talk-back program a few days ago, and they had received a media release from the guy who wrote the test.
In his own words, and not verbatim as my memory isn't that good
'It is not an accurate measure of an individuals intelligence. It was a test specifically designed with entertainment as a priority, and publically appealing. To accurately determine IQ/intelligence, you would be required to undergo series of tests in the presence of a qualified psychologist.'

For what it's worth, the show was the Highest rating for the year, with a staggering 3 million viewers- in Melbourne alone, this peaked at approx 1.1 million and averaged 987,000.
This puts it ahead of the Big Brother Final eviction and in the same league as the Closing Ceremony of the Sydney Olympics!
All in all, a very successful coup for 9
The same style show went to air in the UK a few weeks or months ago, and shared similar success with around 9 million people participating.

In the end I took the test on-line and scored a few more than a hundred

Cheers
GoGirl