PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford BoB Air Show traffic today
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2010, 18:00
Zulu Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We got there by going via back lanes after getting to 4 miles away and then sitting there for 1/2 hr. Even via the back way it took an hour

We had tickets to the Thales private enclosures and hence a car park ticket for next to the museum.

The Thales bus that set off at 9.30 finally arrived 5 hrs later after a 30 mile journey!!

They made tannoy announcements to say that they sold out and closed the gates because they had no parking space left. They asked people to phone anyone who was stuck to let them know. They said they would refund anyone who had prepurchased tickets.

I suspect the traffic was bad because they had to turn cars away one by one which must have taken ages.

The highlight was the display by 16 spitfires. I have seen one or two together before, but seeing 16 take off in pairs and then all wheeling around the sky in front of us was something very different and quite amazing. Just like what it must have been like in WW2, it made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

A close second were the Patouille de France and then the Typhoon.

Very sorry to anyone who was stuck in the awful traffic. Sounds like it was grossly oversubscribed.