PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2010, 16:46
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
caz, well done for at least posting when so many of the MOD apologists are conspicuous by their absence. However I find it strange that following a post by Ralph Kohn, reproducing his letter written on behalf of the three Fellows and published in the RAes Aerospace publication, you make no reference to it. Here we have a call to expose the scandal of 2 decades of deliberate suborning of the Airworthiness Regulations by the MOD and you want to crack on about a detachment roster of 16 years ago!

Tuc's post (echoed by mine) pinning the start of that MOD attack on the UK Military Airworthiness System to an AMSO initiative taken in 1987 is similarly unworthy of comment it seems compared to your old standby of the forecast weather in the "vicinity" of the Mull! The "vicinity" as we have heard could be as little as a few feet, due to the peculiar orographic effects common to the Mull.

So how about we all take a deep wiff of the coffee as presented rather than stuffing our fingers in our ears and chanting "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!"

This aircraft was Grossly Unairworthy as a result of deliberate measures taken by RAF Senior Officers both at the time and for up to 7 years previously. That is the scandal and that is what should now be the subject of review.