PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2010, 12:21
AirSic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
latest in Tarmac Topics

Sitting in an airline lounge overseas, I look up to see the latest edition (septemeber 2010) of Tarmac Topics being read by a well known member. I borrow his copy and comment as follows:

well it appears that the end is just around the corner.

JG's latest note to all is that despite his and the committees best efforts, everyone in OZ in GA has fallen victim to the GFC.

Ironically, his page in the magazine is titled "Future directions". JG outlines what he thinks is required as a "10 point GA rescue package" in conjunction with other associations as "GA position is so grim".

Same edition re-comfirms that club captain Mick Harcourt is resigning, and he mentions that "a well done is required, club attendances at the monthly competitions both at Jandakot and Murrayfield have increased"

I have a lot of time for people like Mick and Trevor Jones (Manager of Club Flying) as well as Trent Robinson (manager flying Operations).

What I don't have a lot of time for is self serving, arrogant jerks who push their own agenda's at the expense of others.

There is an AGM announced to occur on September 29th 2010 at 7pm at RACWA offices.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the meeting as the committee is required to stand down by constitutional requirement.

Could it be said that the words of JG in his article, are the beginning of his "way out"? Don't blame me! Blame the GFC / CASA / Members etc etc etc

Lets see RACWA get back to it's former glory and let the members benefit rather than suffer from what has been a very expensive and exhausting exercise for all........It may be worth re-joining - RACWA - The CLUB!