PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New big prop, facing the A320 & 737: TurboLiner.
Old 4th Sep 2010, 08:23
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMT Member, thnx

the revised concept we are working on, has a wider flatter cross section, an innovative 2-3-2 standing cabin, around (9x20") 180 inch (4.5) wide at seat level. The cargo possibilities crossed my mind, thanks for the more detailed requirements. I think even 2 LD-3s might fit side by side.

220 cm of height clearance over a width of around 100 cm at the roof should not be a limitation. Even some bigger pallets might fit in if the door is wide enough to make the turn.

PaulW I got more comments on the performance. thnx for your input. The new concept will have state of the art counter rotating open rotors optimized for better performance and Henry smoothened out aerodynamics. I'll have to study the effect on the specification in terms of OEW etc. The aircraft will remain high wing but we widened the landing gear for said crosswind ability and minimum control speeds. The high wing and two passenger doors will enable quick (de) boarding on smaller airports and enhance airfield performance for a given span/surface.

The status is that we started looking at it again before the (euro) holidays and now spend some time on it again & think about how to best present it apart from pprune and airliners.net. The concept graphics Henry produced so far look very good. W'll add some more detail. All suggestions / ideas are welcome.

kind regards

Last edited by keesje; 6th Sep 2010 at 11:24.