PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential cargo capacity problems
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2010, 05:35
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silberfuchs

Whilst I normally enjoy your posts I shall call "BS" on your most recent post.

In the mid to late 90's the company was most determined to establish a separate Freighter cadre and pay them accordingly. Directly resultant of the dispute of 1999, it was agreed that the Freighter slots would be "integrated" into the mainline operation, however on Freighter pay. The only alternative offered by the company was that the Freighter operation would have remained crewed by ASL and remain wholly separate from the mainline crewing operation. The company never, but never, put the option to the AOA of sacking all the ASL pilots and returning the crewing of the Freighters to "mainline" crews only.

If you somehow construe that to mean the AOA started "early freighter commands" and that the AOA (not the company) laid down this career path you have an odd view of history and I suggest you consider this;

"Would we as pilot group now be better off if the Freighters had remained crewed by pilots employed by a company, or companies, other than CX/Veta, with not only separate contracts, but separate recruiting, base structures, C&T and indeed promotion structures?"