PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pax tried to halt 777 take-off after taxiing error
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 18:40
anything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The flaws in 411 argument seem to be many but there are 2 points I would like to make.
Firstly having flown types with tillers on only one side and also with tillers on both sides I would far prefer to have tillers on both sides. Handing over control while trying to exit the runway expediciously at busy international airports is not the most sensible thing to do, although I do not know of any incidents caused by this it can only increase the risk, and was something I was very wary of.
Secondly I am sure if 411 had an incident in the air he would expect his FO to fly the aircraft while he managed the situation (unless he is such an aviation god that he can do everything). What is the difference with this scenario and having the FO taxi the aircraft while the Captain manages the pre departure procedures? Absolutely nothing as far as I can see.

Whilst I know we are meant to play the ball not the man, 411 does seem to display a particular dislike to BA procedures and I cannot understand why. Maybe he could enlighten us with some background information.