PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 17:48
STS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Indy are also running an article which seems to indicate that passengers aren't exactly bothered by DH et al threatening more action. I'd be very interested to see if forward bookings for the Christmas period aren't even hugely hit.

BA have consistently delivered on what they said they were going to in terms of flights operating. Makes me completely confident of booking with them for any period of travel because they're making (already made?) BASSA pretty much at best an irrelevance and at worse a boring nuisance, and I really don't care if BASSA members and their lanyards strike, don't strike, or do whatever they wish to in terms of seeking alternative employment (as others have said, good luck with that one in the current economic climate). I'm still booking with BA, as are colleagues, and there are plenty of BA staff - not to mention the new recruits - who will ensure that continues.

I can also take a joke with the best of them, but some of the behaviour I have seen aimed at others on social networking sites in particular, from people I once considered good friends, has been devastating to watch. Bullying is far too weak a word for it and, as ever, I admire anyone willing to work through the threat of this ghastly type of behaviour.