PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 11:58
PC767

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
A question was asked a few pages back about why Bassa required volunteers to staff the Bassa office.

Simply. BA will not de-roster any cabin crew reps for any duties, and those who are free are currently suspended or dismissed.

Indeed, the cabin crew reps were refused to be de-rostered by Mr Francis for a company update on the pension situation. Information which needs to be relayed back to union members and subscribers to the pensions. Now the fact that every other department had union representation at the meeting should emphasis how BA are treating their cabin crew and is what regard we are held. Nil. (Unless I include mixed fleet.)

And as for rostering VCC crew alongside regular crew. Insensitive at the least. Bearing in mind that VCC crew are there to ensure regular crew cannot reach an agreement with the company, for me, this will be akin to polishing my executioner's blade.

This is clearly part of a policy to further incite unionised cabin crew. Not de-rostering reps for important meetings, suspending reps for completing legal union duties and now updating and coaching of VCC. The intention is obviously to force further industrial action. I hope Bassa keep their heads this time and do not fall for Walsh's goading.