PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 11:11
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juan Toguh:

Regarding this statement:

Quote:
I despise what BASSA is doing to BA, but I do not think that the reps are malicious and corrupt. They are horribly misguided and are doing irrepparable damage to their own union but I do believe that they are passionate and committed individuals striving for what they believe in
With all due respect I would assert that one can be "passionate" and also "malicious". Unquote

My personal observation is that BASSA reps seem to have knowingly mislead their membership, thinking not of what harm they could be doing to the individuals they are supposed to be protecting, and more of their personal egos and positions.

I can find no other explantion for the messages submitted by Mr. Holley, the advice given by Ms. Malone, the actions during negotiations, etc., etc..
What I find interesting is that Bassa have always had a number of 'thugs' in different guises, from the Holley's of this world who can 'generally' put up a good arguement, both interlectually and otherwise, to the thicker ones where its pure brawn over brain. What I've found sad, is that there have been reps who are good role models, but have turned a blind eye to some of the terrible stuff that been going on for years. Some time ago, a well respected rep told me openly that he KNEW there were bad apples in the camp, who ONLY went on trips that suited them and behaved in an undesirable manner to their members. They even named a couple ( I could have named them easily too for the record). But of course NOTHING was ever said to rock the boat. I was told by a colleague recently that a good friend of hers who had been a rep for years, had a big fall out with Mr. Tomorite himself by daring to question some of his methods. He then trashed her within the union and she decided soon after to resign from being a rep.

I honestly believe that we have touched only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to some of the undesirable stuff thats been going on in ' Camp Bassa' over the years.