PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 TypeRating
Thread: A320 TypeRating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 10:27
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of things worth considering before commiting to the course, both kangy and EsilonVaz went through the J. Curd course when the type rating and line flying were done with Easyjet, this is no longer the case. I believe that the course now uses BMI for rating and line flying, as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) BMI have not employed any of the pilots that have been with them on this course, however some of them have had interviews with other operators (Wizz etc) but I don't know how they got on.

The other consideration is that while the cost of line flying is not subject to UK VAT, the cost of the type rating is whacked with UK VAT. In January 2011 UK VAT will increase from 17.5% to 20%, this won't have much impact on a £10 toaster from a supermarket it will have a fair old impact on a £20k+ type rating. If you have the money and you're in a postion to move quickly then you might be able to save a decent wad of cash.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do and if you do choose to take the plunge then perhaps you'd consider a blog on these pages with your opinions as you go through.

Cheers

MM