PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 09:41
thebig C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey gang

I noticed alot of references to Aer Aranns reliance on the PSO routes, however, I did read in some of the media reports that they had tried to address this situation and PSO routes now account for approx 30% of their business.

There have also been suggestions that that they try to diversify by fly from Irish regional Cities to major European centres. Well, I thought that was the idea in leasing Bae 146 from Nex?! I would be interested to see exactly what the figures were like for those routes......given that I can understand the €6 million loss for 2010, but not those for 2008-2009!

Ultimately I think new owners will have to look at different ways to serve airports like Galway and Waterford where Aer Arann have a virtual monopoly. That may or may not involve flying further afield even to get more "bums on seats"!

Overall, its a sad situation for all the management and staff especially Padraig O'Ceidigh who have pour alot of blod sweat and tears into the company. Hopefully there is good news on the horizon!

C