PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inaccurate logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 07:16
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Sunfish, you need cheering up. How about a flying holiday in the USA where you'll see how pleasant flying can be? For example, no FAA requirement to log every flight - only what is required to meet certain specific requirements per their regs. (Professional pilots may have other reasons to log their flights however`)

For my own flight time here I use the bezel on my watch to mark start of the flight (per our regs of course) and when I stop the flight a quick glance indicates the time that I need to know to put in my logbook. I wonder if anyone will ever check it against the flying school's records which have the VDO (engine running) time. It records to the nearest 0.1 hr at the start and at the end. (I know there are some VDO's which record time in minutes but not ours) My flights are typically 1 hr so in terms of measuring my flight time the VDO has an accuracy of +/- 10%. i.e. on average it is OK but for any one flight the VDO could be 0.1 hr less or greater than my watch time.

One of my friends was recently put out because I logged the time per my watch rather than tacho time on his aeroplane as it cost him more money to buy my time. No thought to him cheating me out of money if we had used tacho time as the deal was $ per hour not $ per unit on some other device.