PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 23:42
Nick Thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi canuck, I must admit to being rather jealous that you flew on Concorde! Your questions are particularly interesting as they arise from personal experience. Then to discover that M2dude was involved in overcoming the problem and explains it all so clearly is a delight.
Landing Concorde must have been "quite interesting". When ever I see videos of it; I always wonder how high up the eyeline of the pilots are compared to other airlines and especially when compared to the eyeline of a 747 pilot?(when the main wheels touch) I guess this must change the view of the runway when crossing the threshold. If so was special training required to overcome this as I would have thought that it would initially be tempting(though ill advised) to cross the threshold at too low an altitude? I know that the FE would call out the radio altimeter heights on landing but it must at first be difficult to disbelive the evidence of your own eyes.
I think am right to assume there were no spoilers so on landing did the act of bring the nose down spoil the lift or is that the reason why the non flying pilot pushed the yolk forward once she was down?
Thanks
Nick