PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To get ME TR UK/JAA etc. Vey dull, but I need to know
Old 19th Jul 2001, 17:18
Vigilant Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Polar,

BEagle tends to get a lot of out of touch pilots. I try to knobble them before they get to him, but alas we still get folks asking for a 13 month stamp in the logbook!! And yes I do know that you can ask for a 13 month stamp in your logbook for SLMG.

Really it is the regulations that are at fault as the pilot community has great problems at understanding them and that includes some FIs!! Regulations are like taxes. They should be easy to understand. But I can't see JARFCL1 going the way of the poll tax alas!!

But I digress. For you the PPL B would have automatically converted to an MEP when you renewed your multi ticket. Now the CAA allow you to renew your MEP with your IR. This is cost effective and you should consider this. If your PPL B is less than five years out of date then I believe it is up to the CFI of your FTO to decide what you need to do.

It is still really the best approach to talk to your FTO if you are outside the five years. They can then talk to the CAA and come up with a training requirement tied in with your IR. ie. saving you cash!!

It is a lot of cash and you do need to do it to get a shot in the commercial world.

Vigi

[ 19 July 2001: Message edited by: Vigilant Driver ]