PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 16:02
asperge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asperge, this has everything to do with every member of staff in BA. We are all affected. Why would we not be concerned of the added burden of job insecurity by a minority of workers that refuse to make sacrifices as ALL other departments have?
I was only pointing out that this thread is in the 'cabin crew' section of the forum and supposed to be for those who look after the "self loading freight". If pilots, managers, ground staff or any others wish to discuss the ins and outs of the ongoing dispute between BA and Unite, why are they not doing so in the parts of this forum designed for their use rather than in the one bit of it dedicated to cabin crew? I think that's a reasonable question and one no-one has yet answered it.
I don't post in any other area of the forum and don't understand why you behave differently. I have no interest in pilot postings on their own matters and am a little bemused by your interest in cabin crew. I understand that this is a big thing in BA right now but wonder why there isn't a similar thread elsewhere where your rantings at the behaviour of BASSA might meet a like minded audience. those cabin crew who post here with a different point of view are welcome to their opinions and we should be able to discuss our differences like adults.
Some of you, who describe yourselves as pilots have only ever posted on this thread. That's a little perplexing. Why did you not start one of your own where it would be read by other pilots? Are your opinions on this matter supposed to alter the thinking of cabin crew? They actually have the reverse effect, proving how out of touch you are with those you are supposed to work with and leading to the increasingly prevalent view that in your arrogance you wish to shout down those who disagree with your point of view on a dispute that many of you have helped to prolong. I have no problem with the views of those who disagree with me. I merely ask that if they are not cabin crew, they should choose the correct place to do that and it isn't in this section of the forum.
If ever there is a dispute between any other section of the company and BA I will keep my nose out of it as my opinions will be as unwelcome and irrelevant as yours are here.

Last edited by asperge; 2nd Sep 2010 at 16:14.