PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 12:34
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB, mm43, bearfoil,

thanks for the moderate, friendly and thoughtful replies to my plea. I wasn't really grumping about the dialectics of the discussion - I support that style otherwise I wouldn't be around here and reading - but was expressing frustration more that the style seems sometimes to take priority over quality. For example, here a private comment from an engineer colleague:

Originally Posted by anonymous comment
I am not encouraged ..... when I read of "Volumetric Area" in m^3 or "Force" given the dimensions of m.kg/sec (this is equally treated as a statement of energy where it actually has the dimensions of momentum)
When some interesting thought is expressed, I find I often have to work hard at it to get it into some sort of reasonable shape before I can absorb it, and I was opining that a bit more attention could be paid to dotting the t's and crossing the i's at the first writing. But it is your discussion, so feel free to ignore!

As for A=443, fascinating information Finn47 and GB! I had no idea, but it does account for why I can't play along to the Mahler on my tin whistle. I am not sure I go along with this tone inflation - real musicians play A416 and it would say so on my bumper sticker if I had a car.

PBL