PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 TypeRating
Thread: A320 TypeRating
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 07:54
MrMutra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with the above, in that i hate so called professionals paying to fly, but sadly there are so many doing it now and with the fact that you jobs are requiring 500 on type what option is left? None.

I fly as captain on business jets over 3000 hours and 1500 hours pic on jets all over the world but counts for nothing, because i dont have 500 on type, nothing. Also companies want 27 tonnes or heavy, if you fly jets lighter than this then dont bother just fly a TP to get the weight, but then again why bother ? Go stright to the jet planes 737 or 320 and save your self the headache going from TP to JET and then getting 500 on type

I hate to think it but must admit if you have the money then yes go and pay to fly. Why wait and get older. i now realize i would have do the same now

met 4 Sweeds in Romainia only last weekend, have just finished the summer season in Europe paying to fly, and have already paid up front for next year told they need to pay to secure seat. I can not believe this is used as marketing tool, but they are even talking to me thinking of paying for command pic with same company. They worry because they want to stay current and sim and fly within the last 6 months, so payed up front.

I cannot get the money and remain with same hours and no job flying and yes getting older, but where you get all this money from is truely amazing.

I wish everyone well, and happy flying but this is a mad mad career to be a pilot and pay so much money every year in order to stay current and in practice.

I think they have money growing on trees in Sweden.

Mr Mutra

Soon to go home and drive a truck.