PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 07:45
shithappens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wise comment from Waldi

Thank you Waldi.

There is a fine balance to be found between allowing ourselves to be subjected to unanswered repeated false claims that are aimed at damaging Skyshare during this critical time and exposing NetJets in public, (even if the posts relate the sad truth about employees relations here).

On a final note, an anecdote:

When the Teamsters, (the original NetJets USA Union), was set up, the then CEO and Founding President

1) set up an..."employee outreach program" ;-) ...using managment pilots...it failed because Aircrew, (warned by the Teamsters), ignored it.

2) sent messages out to all of the employees stating that the creation of the Teamster Union would cause management to "review their future plans" and that ceeding to their demands of a pay increase would bankrupt the company, (does this sound familiar?).

Well that was many years back and the US Co-Pilots could finally stop claiming food tickets from the USA social security, (yes it is true), and NetJets miraculously found the money to pay an honest wage to their Pilots. The Company went on to make record profits in the following years.

I pledge to keep my forthcoming debates back on our own private forums as long as "outreach" nominees/panel do likewise. I will not allow unfounded critism of Skyshare here to go unanswered and will be back if I feel the need.